You are energetic, trendy and have a passion for life. You have a take–charge attitude, believe that a new outfit can change someone’s day and think it would be fun to offer fashion advice and styling tips.
Sound like you? Apply now!
Use this form to perform another job search
The system cannot access your location for 1 of 2 reasons:
Permission to access your location has been denied. Please reload the page and allow the browser to access your location information.
Your location information has yet to be received. Please wait a moment then hit [Search] again.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone who has a point of view, loves fashion and brings energy to everything they do. As a General Manager, you will foster a rue21 in-store-culture with a focus on customer experience and associate development while exceeding sales goals and controlling expenses.
What will I do as a General Manager at rue21?
- Be a Leader: Recruit, hire and supervise a team of approximately 10 associates.
- Be a Coach: Develop and maximize the success of each of your associates.
- Be a Sales Driver: Analyze the business and create clear plans to maximize sales results.
- Be a Brand Ambassador: Create a store environment that is focused on consistently delivering an exceptional and fun customer shopping experience.
- Be an Operations Expert: Direct the planning and implementation of all store processes, visual merchandising, marketing, and promotional strategies.
What will be expected of me?
- A passion for our brand - you have your own unique style, follow the latest fashion trends and live our brand.
- An eye for detail- you’re detailed obsessed when it comes to your workspace, someone who thrives a clean, organized and visually appealing environment.
- A positive outlook - you’re a motivator, someone who constantly fosters innovation and encourages feedback.
- "We never stand still” mentality - you’re energetic, upbeat, friendly, and able to change direction and priority in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
What do you need from me?
- Proven ability to successfully operate and drive the sales performance of an apparel retail store.
- Minimum of 1-2 years store management experience required, preferably in fast-fashion.
- Strong skills in communication, organization and follow-through.
- Ability to work a full time flexible schedule which requires evening, weekend and Holiday shifts.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 consecutive hours, climb and balance on ladders, and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Growth. We continue to grow our business and our merchandise categories, which creates many ways for you to advance.
- Innovation. We believe in changing things up and encourage creative thinking.
- Passion. We love what we do and strive to be the best every day. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to make a difference and own your career path.